4050 Hewes Avenue, Gulfport, MS 39507
Phone: (228) 868-5815
Fax: (228) 868-5822
Storm Water Management
The City of Gulfport is currently implementing its Storm water Phase II Program. This program has been developed via collaboration and cooperation among all of the cities of Harrison County, namely Biloxi, D'Iberville, Gulfport, Long Beach, and Pass Christian, and the Harrison County Board of Supervisors.
The program developed is tailored for the City of Gulfport and the other Member Agencies, and has been developed to address water quality impairment due to polluted storm water runoff. The program has been developed as an issue-specific Storm water Phase II Program. The specific issues to be addressed via program are as follows:
1. General Storm water Runoff Pollution
2. Illegal Dumping and Improper Disposal of Household Hazardous Wastes, Automobile Wastes and Disposal of Litter and Debris
3. Erosion and Sedimentation Associated with Construction and Development
4. Leaks from Auto Salvage Yards
5. Seafood Factories, Landfills, and Publicly Owned Treatment Works
6. Ports, Marinas, and Harbors
7. Leaking Individual On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems and Sewage Pollution
8. Impaired Water bodies and TMDL Programs
The Program components include Public Education, Public Involvement, Illicit Discharges Detection and Elimination, Construction Site Runoff Controls, Post-Construction Runoff Controls, and Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping.
Home | Government | Business | Visitors | Residents | Online Services | Contacts