Know the Rules...
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
- Be sure older children TAKE FRIENDS and younger children are accompanied by a TRUSTED ADULT when “Trick or Treating.”
- Accompany younger children to the door of every home they approach and make sure parents and guardians are familiar with every home and all people from which the children receive treats.
- Teach children to NEVER enter a home without prior permission from their parents or guardians.
- Teach children to NEVER approach a vehicle, occupied or not, unless they know the owner and are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Make sure all children wear reflective clothing and carry a glow stick when out at dusk and at night.
- Make sure children are able to see and breathe properly and easily when using facial masks. All costumes and masks should be clearly marked as flame resistant.
- Teach children to NEVER approach a home that is not well lit both inside and outside.
- Teach children to stay alert and remember any suspicious incidents and report them to their parents, guardians, and/or the proper authority.
- Teach children if anyone tries to grab them to make a scene; loudly yell this person is not my father/mother/guardian; and make every effort to get away by kicking, screaming, and resisting.
- Families may want to organize or attend parties at home, in schools, or in community centers as a good alternative to “Trick or Treating.”
For more information about child safety topics please contact us at (228)868-5703
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN HALLOWEEN!