Traffic Control & Safety Responsibilities
- Receiving and processing all customer assistance calls.
- Maintaining all traffic signals and controllers including timing, patterns, routine maintenance, and installation.
- Maintaining special zone signals such as schools and Fire Department.
- Assisting other departments with electrical projects as needed.
- Rebuilding and troubleshooting existing signal components to ensure proper operation.
- Installing all Christmas decorations in the downtown Gulfport area.
- Collecting and analyzing traffic counts of streets in order to set signals for optimum traffic flow, and perform traffic studies.
- Fabricating all traffic signs required by the City of Gulfport.
- Maintaining over 25,000 traffic signs which includes washing, straightening, and replacement.
- Installing striping on all streets as needed.
- Repairing Street Lights owned by the City of Gulfport.
- Clearing intersections as needed to provide adequate visibility for traffic.