Phone: (228) 214-2245
Fax: (228) 214-2244
As Records Manager this category falls under the City Clerk who is responsible for the records in a municipality
- Inventory all Records Stored at the Record Facility, all incoming and purged.
- Label all incoming boxes with assigned shelf areas, departments, contents, dates, retention and destroy listing.
- Purge all records past retention deadlines, or scanned and indexed.
- Search hard copies for all departments.
- Train employees on scanning, retrieval, scanning and indexing.
- Knowledge of Records Management Software.
As Deputy City Clerk this category also falls under the City Clerk;
- Process all Records Request Forms.
- Deny any request in writing with Mississippi Code included showing reasons of denial.
- Keep a record of all incoming requests.
- Create a monthly report for all requests showing the following: Requestor, Date of Request, Date of Compliance, Requested information, cost of request.
- Election-Inventory, Supply Orders, be educated of Election Laws.