Water - Utility Billing Staff
Cheree’ Davis - Utility Billing Project Manager
Cheree’ Malley earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with emphasis in Management Information Systems and a Master of Business Administration from William Carey College. Cheree’ plans to continue her education in the near future.
Cheree’ has been with the City since February 2003 and has worked with the City of Gulfport Administration, Council and Directors in developing positive changes in Utility Billing and Meter Reading Services. Cheree’ supervises employees and department supervisors, as well as communicates recommendations to the Director of Finance, Administration, and Council. She has implemented positive changes within the department.
Successful projects for the City of Gulfport completed:
- Cycle Billing to balance the workload and inform customers of leaks in advance
- Implementation of Datamatic Handheld Meter Reading Computers for electronic transmission of meter readings to billing software (currently assisting with research of Electronic Meter Reading and a Meter Replacement Program
- Lockbox Mail System added for more accurate payment processing
- Improved Customer Service through customer service training workshops and a new user-friendly, phone system
- Currently working with the IT Dept. to add automated methods of payment such as, pay by phone and online bill pay
The department has maintained a 98% collections rate as a result of the changes set forth, passing the city’s benchmark requirements 100%.
Prior to working for City, Cheree’ was employed by The Diamondhead Water and Sewer District (Municipality) for ten years. Cheree’ served as a member of The Diamondhead Business and Professional Association, and as a volunteer, religious education instructor for St. Williams Catholic Church.
Phone (228) 868-5720 ext. 300
Fax (228) 868-5722
Sharon Blaize - Customer Service Manager
Sharon Blaize comes from the banking industry with 16 years experience, dealing directly in customer service. She was a Financial Service Associate, with Assistant Vice-President title for Hancock Bank.
She currently obtains her Life License, which allowed her to offer products through Hancock Investment Services.
In 2006 she was recognized as the third top Sales Producer out of two states. Sharon is also a member of the Diamondhead Business and Professional Association. With her commitment, and experience she will strive to do the best she can for the City of Gulfport.
Phone (228) 868-5720 ext. 309
Fax (228) 868-5722