REQUIRES PAYMENT IN FULL BEFORE YOUR COURT DATE
Subject to the following, under Mississippi law, you have the option to pay certain citations online via credit card before your court date. Citations that may be paid online are those which do not have time in jail as a possible punishment and include but are not limited to, TRAFFIC and PARKING citations.
Additional charges may apply should you opt to pay your citation online via credit card.
The option to pay a citation online is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments online will be processed by the court within 24 hours during normal business days or within 72 hours when payment is made online over the weekend or on holidays.
Payments may be made by Master Card, Discover, American Express, or Visa. Both credit and debit are accepted. You will be required to provide one of the following to look up your citation:
- Citation number and date of birth, or
- Driver’s license number and date of birth, or
- Vehicle License Plate Number and Registration State, or
- Social Security number and date of birth
By paying your citation online, you will be entering a GUILTY plea and waiving your rights to a trial before a Municipal Judge. If required by state law, your violation will be recorded as a conviction and reported to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. If you wish to plead NOT GUILTY or NO CONTEST (“Nolo Contendre”), you MUST appear in court on the date noted on your citation.
Waiver of Defendant’s Rights
I understand that by paying a citation in full online, I am pleading GUILTY to the charge set forth in the citation and that I give up the following rights:
- The right to a speedy and public trial.
- The right to cross-examine witnesses who may testify against me.
- The right to call and/or subpoena witnesses.
- The right to have the assistance of a lawyer at all stages of the proceedings.
- The right to the presumption of innocence, i.e., the right to require the city to prove each and every element of the charge(s) against me beyond a reasonable doubt.
- The right to remain silent or to testify on my own behalf at trial.
- The right to appeal my case to the county court of Harrison County, Mississippi, First Judicial District, had I been convicted at trial.
By paying a citation online, I declare that my decision to plead GUILTY to the charge set forth in the citation is FREELY, KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND INTELLIGENTLY made, and no promise or suggestion of lenience has been made to me nor has any duress or coercion been applied toward me to induce me to plead GUILTY. I further understand that if I wish to plead NOT GUILTY or NO CONTEST (Nolo Contendre), that I MUST appear for court on the date noted on the citation.
The City of Gulfport makes no guarantees, promises, or warranties regarding the accuracy of information provided on this site. Further, there is no guarantee that this online payment service will show all of your unpaid tickets. Use of this service to submit payment constitutes acknowledgment that the City of Gulfport and the processor of electronic payments assume no responsibility for data entered by the service users.