COVID-19 has raised a lot of questions but your Human Resources Department is here to assist all City of Gulfport employees.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Web Training Series
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) was signed into law recently, which provides for supplemental appropriations related to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Following the enactment, the U.S. Department of Labor published guidance to provide information to employees and employers about how to understand and seek relief under the Act, which takes effect on April 1, 2020.
Human Resources, in collaboration with the legal department, has established a process to operationalize the provisions of the Act for those affected by the pandemic. The FFCRA is comprised of several different Acts, two (2) of which are the “Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act” and the “Emergency
Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act.” These two (2) Acts respectively provide for emergency/public health paid sick leave and are in effect from today to December 31, 2020.
Please refer to the documents accessible on the COVID-19 Employee Information page of our city website. These materials include the following forms (listed below) and are to be used to seek relief under these two (2) Acts:
• Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave Form
• Expanded FMLA Employee Request Form
• Employee Rights (Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave)
Please properly complete the appropriate forms and submit to Human Resources and your Department Director to notify us of your intent to use paid sick leave under the “Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act” or to seek expanded family and medical leave under the “Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act.” Please contact HR if you have any questions regarding the process.
Human Resources is here to answer your questions and to help you navigate this uncharted territory. Over the next few days, we will be releasing a few short videos to help all of us better understand and apply this federal regulation.
Please continue to be safe, and thanks for all you do.
Your HR team
Updated April 20, 2020
If you have questions, please email: HRQuestions@gulfport-ms.gov
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave Form
- Expanded FMLA Employee Request Form
- Employee Rights (Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave)
- COG Covid-19 Quick Reference Guide for Employees Version 1 – 4.20.2020
- Department of Labor Employee FFCRA Informational Poster
- DHS/CDC Master Question List – Source: DHS Accessed – 3.24.2020
- Coronavirus Update from HCIActive – 3.17.2020
- Harrison County COVID-19 Information – 3.17.2020
- Coronavirus 2nd Update – 3.13.2020
- Internal Message – Coronavirus 3.12.2020
- FEMA RUMOR CONTROL Webpage accessed: 04.08.2020
- Mississippi.gov CoronaVirus webpage – 4.6.2020
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – 3.17.2020
- Protect Your Family – 3.17.2020
- Information for Household Members and Caregivers of Someone who is sick – 3.17.2020
- Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak – 3.17.2020
- Helping children cope with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak – 3.17.2020
- Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Coronavirus Flow Chart
- MEMA information on COVID-19
- MS Department of Health COVID-19 Updates
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Proper Handwashing
- Disease Prevention