The Summer Camp Program will be held amid an ever-changing coastal environment and living conditions. We have made several changes to our program for this summer as a convenience and service to parents and families in Gulfport. With reduced weekly fees and variations in the age classifications at some of our campsites, we hope to improve your child’s ability to gain a positive summer experience.
The Gulfport Department of Leisure Services has historically operated the largest municipal summer program in Mississippi. Our highly trained and certified staff each year provides over 700 children with top-quality childcare in a summer camp environment. Gulfport’s summer program is fully licensed by the Mississippi State Health Department. Each staff member undergoes extensive training by our department and the State Licensing agency. Each staff member is also certified in CPR and Standard First Aid and has experience in the childcare/education field.
Summer activities include weekly field trips, guest speakers, swimming, sports, arts & crafts, and many other exciting and creative events. The Gulfport Department of Leisure Services is committed to providing children with a meaningful educational, social, and recreational summer experience at minimal cost for the parent or guardian. We have made several changes to the program that we feel will increase convenience for parents and still provide your child with a memorable summer experience.
We anticipate this year’s program to be even more successful than the last, and we look forward to working with you and your children.
- Camp will take place in 1 WEEK SESSIONS.
- Tuition is $60/week per child.
- Fees will be due on the first Monday of each week . (Fees will be paid every week.)
- To ensure your child’s spot, you must pay for the entire week’s session, regardless of the number of days your child attends or plans to attend.
- If you do not attend camp for a week, you must pay a $30 no-show fee to hold their spot.
- The Ultimate Summer Camp Experience Dates: June 5 – July 21, 2023
- Camp Hours: 7 AM-6 PM
- Registration: Wednesday, May 3, 6 AM-6 PM and Thursday, May 4, 9 AM-5 PM, both at the Orange Grove Community Center, 14416 Dedeaux Rd.
- Late registration (May 5 – May 26) – $60 late fee per child (non-refundable):
- Westside Community Center – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Lyman Community Center – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Orange Grove Comm. Center – 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Herbert Wilson Rec Center – 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Free lunch is served daily through the summer lunch program.
- Weekly field trips will be scheduled at an additional charge.
- The MS State Department of Health fully licenses the Summer Day Camp Program.
Flier and Registration Information:
- Kids Summer Camp Flyer and Info Sheet 2023
- Swim Programs 2023
- Kids Summer Camp Registration Form 2023
Summer Camp Handbook: