The Summer Camp Program will be held amid an ever changing coastal environment and different living conditions. We have made several changes to our program for this summer as a convenience and service to parents and families in Gulfport. With reduced weekly fees and variations in the age classifications at some of our camp sites we hope to improve your child’s ability to gain a positive summer experience.
The Gulfport Department of Leisure Services has historically operated the largest municipal summer program in the State of Mississippi. Each year our highly trained and certified staff provides over 700 children with top quality childcare in a summer camp environment. Gulfport’s summer program is fully licensed by the Mississippi State Health Department. Each staff member undergoes extensive training by both our department and the State Licensing agency. Each staff member is also certified in CPR and Standard First Aid, and has experience in the childcare/education field.
Summer activities include field trips each week, guest speakers, swimming, sports, arts & crafts, and many other exciting and creative events. The Gulfport Department of Leisure Services is committed to providing children with a meaningful educational, social and recreational summer experience at minimal cost for the parent or guardian. We have made several changes to the program that we feel will increase convenience for parents and still provide your child with a memorable summer experience.
We anticipate this year’s program to be even more successful than the last, and look forward to working with you and your children.
- Camp will take place in 1 WEEK SESSIONS.
- Tuition is $50/week per child.
- Fees will be due on the first Monday of each week . (Fees will be paid every week.)
- To ensure your child’s spot, you must pay for the entire week session, regardless of the number of days your child attends or plans to attend to:
- If you do not attend camp for a week, you will have to pay a $25 no show fee to hold their spot.
- The Ultimate Summer Camp Experience Dates: June 6-July 29, 2022
- Camp Hours: 7 AM-6 PM
- Registration: Wednesday, May 4, 6 AM-6 PM and Thursday, May 5, 9 AM-5 PM both at the Orange Grove Community Center, 14416 Dedeaux Rd.
- Free lunch is served daily through the summer lunch program.
- Weekly field trips will be scheduled at an additional charge.
- The Summer Day Camp Program is fully licensed by the MS State Department of Health.
Flier and Registration Information:
Summer Camp Handbook: