The Gulfport Urban Development Planning Division assists in ensuring the community matures in a safe, efficient, and attractive manner and strives to achieve quality developments, enhancing the characteristic of life for our residents, neighborhoods, and business community.
The Planning Division is responsible for the development of plans and regulations that result in thriving and livable neighborhoods, efficient buildings, and enhanced economic development opportunities.
Planning activities include, but are not limited to, residential, commercial, and industrial land use development ordinances, as well as, New Urbanism concepts; business licenses; tree permits; zoning determinations; site plan and subdivision reviews.
The Planning Division Department provides planning staff and services to the citizens, business community, Administration, City Council, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals.
The Planning and Zoning meeting agendas can now be found on our Meeting Agendas page.
Agendas will be posted within a few days of the meeting date.
Gulfport’s Online Atlas – Viewing zoning maps and more
Gulfport 2000 Comprehensive Plan (25MB .pdf)
- Sign Ordinances
- Smartcode Ordinance
- Subdivision Regulations
- Tree Ordinance
- Zoning Regulations
- Chart of Permitted Uses (Excerpt from Municode and edited by the staff for Ordinance No. 2844, 2849, and 2903 – Updated April 13, 2019)
- Traditional Smart Code Permitted Uses (Excerpt from Municode)
Recently Approved Ordinances:
- Ordinance 3002 – Wireless Small Cells
- Ordinance 3003 – Design Guidelines for Wireless Communications Facilities
- Your Guide to the Fence Ordinance
- Rehabilitation Health Clinics and Plasma Centers
Frequently Asked Questions:
Forms (updated October 2019):
- Change of Use Application
- Excessive Height Application for Cell and Radio Towers
- Final Plat Application
- Final Plat for Townhomes Application
- Final Plat for Zero Lot Line Application
- General Plan Application
- General Plan for Townhomes Application
- General Plan for Zero Lot Line Application
- Planned Building Group Application
- Planning Commission Approval Application
- Planning Commission Approval for Home Occupations Application
- Planning Commission Approval Small Cell Technology Facilities Application
- Preliminary Design Review Application
- Privilege License Application
- Resubdivision Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Smart Code Warrant Application
- Tree Permit Application
- Zoning Determination Letter
- Zoning Map Amendment Application
- Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals Application