The City of Gulfport Office of Communications and Marketing is accepting applications for a Digital Content Specialist.
This position is under the general supervision of the Manager of Communications and Marketing and will work within this Office. The position implements social media strategies to raise public awareness and understanding of the City and its programs, facilities, opportunities, events, and overall brand and increase appreciation for the City with target audiences. This position also creates and assists with all content initiatives internal (website, organization collateral) and external (social media, user-generated content) across multiple platforms and formats to drive brand awareness and engagement for the citizens of Gulfport and potential visitors.
This position further amplifies the City’s approved brand identity by creating and curating content for all relevant social platforms, websites, email newsletters, and other marketing channels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the City’s approved brand identity.
• High level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
• Deep knowledge of social media marketing.
• Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and best practices.
• Photo and video shooting and editing.
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
• Solid understanding of SEO and content marketing.
• Good eye for design and the ability to source and edit images.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in graphic design.
• Google AdWords and Google Analytics experience/certification a plus.
For more information contact:
Jase Payne, Manager – Office of Communications and Marketing | email@example.com